Mary H. Wright Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy
The staff at Mary H. Wright Elementary School believes that two-way communication about school programs and students’ progress is promoted when education is seen as a responsibility shared with parents. Parents are invited to actively participate in school decision making. Some ways that parents currently participate at Mary H. Wright include:
• School Improvement Council
• PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization)
• Title 1 Leadership Team
• Helping with Field trips
Through conferences and newsletters, parents are provided with timely information about curriculum, assessments, and student proficiency levels. Teachers send home progress reports and many classes use planners that go home nightly for parents to keep up with assignments and correspond with teachers.
At Mary H. Wright Elementary School, we believe that the parents have the responsibility and opportunity to work with the school in a mutually supportive and respectful partnership with the goal of helping their children succeed in school. We are committed to increasing parental involvement, which will ultimately improve student achievement.
Mary H. Wright Elementary School agrees to implement the following requirements:
• The school will develop a Parent Involvement Policy with input from the School Improvement Council, PTO, and faculty.
• The Parent Involvement Policy will be included in the Mary H. Wright Calendar/Handbook each year.
• The Parent Involvement Policy will be reviewed annually by the School Improvement Council with input from parents and community members.